Sunday 28 April 2013

The Secret Of Fat Burning Via Squats

This is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. During the first 15 years of my life, I never did any kind of sports or let alone help my dad with yard work. Instead, I lived the couch-potato lifestyle… spending my days playing Doom on my 486DX2… watching movies from my couch… and washing down cheetos with coke.

Guess what, I got sick of being embarrassed by my man boobs every time I went shirtless at the pool… tired of sucking my gut in like an overweight couch potato… fed up with being weak, out of shape and sucking at sports. Many guys accept what should be humiliating – not me. It made me miserable, angry, proactive. It motivated me to take ACTION.  

Maybe you’ve had a similar experience...
Well, it wasn’t exactly easy to figure out how to gain strength and muscle, and how to lose my man boobs and belly fat. I spent the next few years trying every technique in the book – Pushups, situps, biceps curls, db flyes, triceps kickbacks, machines, cardio, working out 5x/week, supplements – you name it.

Nothing Worked Until I Started To Squat...
My first “breakthrough” came when I began training with a guy who had been lifting for many years, who had the kind of body I wanted, and who was one of the strongest guys in my gym. As I learned from him, the most powerful exercise to gain strength and muscle naturally, while losing fat, is the one that I’ve been doing since he showed it to me our first workout 12 years ago…

The Squat.
But my REAL breakthrough came four years later when I discovered the amazing training method of Arnold Schwarzenegger‘s life long mentor – the legendary Reg Park, 3x Mr Universe and 2nd guy ever to Bench Press 500lb.

In his book “Strength & Bulk Training for Weight lifters,” Park revealed his secret training strategy – 5 sets of 5 reps of free weight compound like the Squat. It was this 5×5 method that I discovered by dumb luck in 2003 thanks to Glenn Pendlay MS USAW (coach of 97 champions and gold medalists) who had spread this program on little known websites which don’t even exist anymore.

For a long time I was skeptical because 5×5 was radically different from the split routines I had been doing since 1999. But when I got my home gym in 2004 and no longer had access to machines, I decided to test-drive this 5×5 claimed to build strength and muscle in only 3 workouts per week… doing only 3 exercises per workout… for low reps… without training until pumped and sore. Heck, I was bored to death with the routines I had used for years anyway because I wasn’t getting any results, so I thought I had nothing to lose.

Today, At Age 30, I’m In The Best Shape Of My Life, Ever...
Okay, I’m still only 5’8″ with skinny ankles and 6.7″ wrists – can’t change rotten genetics. But my body-weight has skyrocketed from 132lb to 175lb, almost 43lb of raw, drug-free muscle gain WITHOUT turning into a fatty, quite the opposite, my man boobs and belly fat have vanished, and made place for 6 pack abs. I don’t want to be a bodybuilder, but people I meet routinely ask if I lift weights (some have even cried “steroids!” even though I’m totally natural).

More importantly, I feel extremely confident about my body today and One of the things I’ve realized is that looking like a cover-model isn’t automatically going to change your life and make you “happy” on the inside. In fact, if you think achieving perfect symmetry will be the answer to all of life’s problems, I’ve got bad news for you…

Subsequently, I can also tell you that if you focus on gaining strength, eat mostly whole foods and start ignoring the mirror, you’ll not only look better and be stronger than 99% of those curl monkeys, your confidence will also go through the roof.



No comments:

Post a Comment