Sunday 19 May 2013

How Poor Posture Can Inhibit Athletic Ability

 2

We are what we repeatedly do.

Today, we’re going to talk a little bit about how poor posture in the workplace can actually inhibit your athletic ability and hinder fat loss and weight loss. Slouched posture leads to muscular imbalances. Those imbalances will lead to movement patterns that will lead to joint pain, muscular pain, headaches and backaches.

However here’s the problem…some of the chairs we sit in automatically promote slouched posture. So, you’re going to have to figure it out. You’re going to have to adjust your chair in such a way that you could have water running down your leg. This automatically is going to tilt your pelvis, and take the stress off your lower back.

I want you to remember one rule: 90/90/90. I want a 90 degree angle between your torso and legs, a 90 degree at your knees, and 90 degrees at your ankles.
So, when I’m working on my computer, I want to be eye level so that I don’t slouch down.

When you round your spine out, you actually move or migrate to a very weak position, and that creates all kinds of muscular imbalances.


No comments:

Post a Comment