Saturday 22 June 2013

7 Easy Ways to Kick-Start Your Metabolism (Part 3)

7 Easy Ways to Kick-Start Your Metabolism

 down dog pose

Do a Down Dog

Surprise: Yoga gets you in burn mode. In one study, participants who relaxed their way through a 50-minute yoga session saw a drop in their levels of the stress hormone cortisol, which can inhibit fat burning.

Start with a 10-minute circuit and work up to a longer session.

exercise-early-morning

Become a Morning Exerciser

Late meetings, evening events, happy hour with colleagues—so many things got in the way of my evening workouts, so I became a morning exerciser. Working out first thing in the morning guaranteed that I fit it in before my day got carried away and excuses popped up.

Even though I'm naturally a morning person, becoming a morning exerciser was no easy task! The first few mornings were really hard, but the more I forced myself to do it, the easier it was and eventually it became a regular part of my routine with great results.

work-weekend-mother

Fit in a Weekend Workout

If I missed a workout during the work week, I made up for it by exercising on Saturday morning. Of course, I'd preferred to sleep in on the weekend, but my a.m. workout always started my weekend off on the right foot. Instead of snoozing the day away, I seized it, which felt great knowing that I could enjoy the rest of my weekend stress-free!

http://www.health.com/health/gallery/

No comments:

Post a Comment